How to Fix “Communication with service process failed” Error in Windows 10
This post will guide you in fixing the “Communication with service process failed” error in Windows 10. This error is related to the Intel Driver and Support Assistant application. Although this error does not reportedly cause any loss of functionality in the computer, however, it still indicates that there is something wrong with some of your driver modules.
Intel has taken a bold step and combined its older modules into this new application (Intel Driver and Support Assistant) recently. This application enables users to scan their computers for any available updates from Intel. This is the main application of Intel and provides users a way to update their driver software automatically instead of manually updating it. However, with the recent reports submitted by some users, it seems that something is wrong with this application, and users to have to deal with the “Communication with service process failed” error. This error might be caused by several reasons, for one, it could be that the application is corrupted or incomplete in its nature which is possible since this is still a developing and newly released app. It could also be that there are other utilities or modules that conflict with the Intel software. Whichever the reason may be, you can try out the options given below to resolve the problem but before you proceed, make sure that you have an administrator account as well as an active and stable internet connection.
Option 1 – Disable DSATray in Startup
If you receive this error message every time you start your computer then this means that the application is not able to launch properly. Like pointed out, it could be that it is still incomplete in nature or it conflicts with other applications. Thus, you can try to disable the service from the startup and check if it fixes the problem.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “taskmgr” in the field and hit Enter to open the Task Manager.
- After that, go to the Startup tab and look for the Intel Driver and Support Assistant app.
- Right-click on the app and select Disable.
- Restart your PC and check if the error is now fixed or not
Option 2 – Reinstall the Intel Driver and Support Assistant
If the first option did not work, you can try reinstalling the Intel Driver and Support Assistant app. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the search box, type in “control” and then click on Control Panel (desktop app) among the search results.
- After that, select Programs and Features from the list which will give you a list of all the programs installed on your computer.
- From there, look for Intel Driver and Support Assistant and select it and then uninstall it.
- After you have the app uninstalled, open your browser and go to Intel’s official website. From there, download the driver utility manually.
- Once the download is finished, right-click on it and select “Run as administrator” and install the app on your PC with elevated access.
- Restart your PC and then check if the error is now fixed.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Communication with service process failed error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Communication with service process failed error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.