How to Fix Blank or empty dialog boxes with no text in Windows 10
The dialog boxes that you see on your Windows computer exist to send you a message or to notify you. However, you can also encounter issues with them. Recently, some users reported that they’re getting empty or blank dialog boxes. It’s definitely hard to choose between Yes or No or to click OK when you don’t know the context of the dialog box. If the same thing happened to you, worry not for there are some possible solutions that can help you fix the problem.
This kind of problem usually happens when there are some issues with the graphics driver or when there is some corrupted software. Whichever the case is, here are some fixes you can check out to fix the empty or blank dialog boxes on your Windows 10 computer.
Option 1 – Run the System File Checker
System File Checker or SFC is a built-in command utility that helps in restoring corrupted files as well as missing files. It replaces bad and corrupted system files with good system files that might be the cause why you’re getting the errors 0x8024a11a and 0x8024a112. To run the SFC command, follow the steps given below.
- Type “cmd” in the Start search and then right-click on the appropriate search result.
- Next, select “Run as administrator” to open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- After opening Command Prompt, type in sfc /scannow
The command will start a system scan which will take a few whiles before it finishes. Once it’s done, you could get the following results:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Now restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try to update or rollback the Graphics driver
You can try to update your Graphics card driver using the Device Manager in your computer to resolve the blank dialog boxes problem or you can also go directly to the website of your graphics card manufacturers like NVIDIA, Intel, or AMD and go to the section called Drivers then check if there’s a new available update – if there is, download and install it.
To update your Graphics driver via Device Manager, refer to these steps:
- First, boot your computer into Safe Mode.
- After that, tap the Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in devmgmt.msc into the box and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- After that, a list of device drivers will be displayed. From there, look for the Display Adapters and click on them.
- After that, right-click on each entry under the Display Adapters and select the “Uninstall Device” option from the menu.
- Now restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, go to the Settings app and Check for Updates in the Windows Update section.
Note: If updating the Graphics driver didn’t fix the problem, you can also try to roll back to its previous version and see if that helps.
Option 3 – Run the DISM tool
The next thing you can do is run the DISM tool. This tool is known to repair potentially corrupted files in your system as having them could also system issues like the blank dialog boxes. To repair these corrupted system files, you can run the DISM commands:
- Tap the Win + X keys and click on the “Command Prompt (Admin)” option.
- After that, input each one of the commands listed below sequentially to execute them:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once you’ve executed the commands given above, restart your computer and check if the problem is now fixed.
Option 4 – Try to repair or reinstall the software
If the issue with the empty dialog boxes only occurs in a specific program, you can either try to repair the program or reinstall it. You can find the Repair option in the Add/Remove program section when you select the concerned program. If repairing the program didn’t work, you might have to uninstall it and then reinstall it.
Option 5 – Try troubleshooting the problem in a Clean Boot State
You might also want to troubleshoot the problem in a Clean Boot State. Doing so will help you isolate the problem. Refer to the steps below to do so:
- Log onto your PC as an administrator.
- Type in MSConfig in the Start Search to open the System Configuration utility.
- From there, go to the General tab and click “Selective startup”.
- Clear the “Load Startup items” check box and make sure that the “Load System Services” and “Use Original boot configuration” options are checked.
- Next, click the Services tab and select the “Hide All Microsoft Services” check box.
- Click Disable all.
- Click on Apply/OK and restart your PC. (This will put your PC into a Clean Boot State. And configure Windows to use the usual startup, just simply undo the changes.)
Congratulations, you have just fixed the blank or empty dialog boxes with no text error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the blank or empty dialog boxes with no text error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.