How to Fix An internal error has occurred (0x80070716) for Windows Backup
If you see the following error message in the File History tab of the File Recovery utility of the Windows Backup module in your Windows 10 computer, read on as this post will guide you in fixing it with the help of two potential fixes.
“An internal error has occurred: The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file. (0x90070716).”
You can also encounter this error when you run the System Image Backup function. As mentioned, you can resolve this error using two potential fixes namely checking the status of the Windows Backup Service and checking the settings in the Windows Registry. For more details, refer to the instructions provided below but before you proceed, it would be better if you create a System Restore point first.
Option 1 – Try checking the status of the Windows Backup Service
- First, you need to tap the Win + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “services.msc” in the field and click OK or tap Enter to open the Windows Services Manager.
- After that, you will see a list of services and from there, look for the Windows Backup Service and double click on it to open its Properties.
- Then check if its Startup type is set to Disabled. If it is, then change it to “Manual”. Note that this service is essential as it provides backup and restores capabilities.
- Now click on the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes made and then restart your computer. Check if the error is now gone.
Option 2 – Try checking the Registry setting of Windows Backup
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “Regedit” in the field and tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- After opening the Registry Editor, navigate to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionWindowsBackup
- From there, look for DWORDs named “ValidConfig” and “ValidSystemImageBackup” located in the right-side panel.
- Once you found them, delete them or set both of their values to “0” and make sure that the base is Hexadecimal and click OK.
- Now exit the Registry Editor and restart your computer to apply the changes made.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x80070716 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x80070716 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.