How to Fix Access Denied, You don’t have permission to access this Server Error in Windows 10
When you try to open a website but instead encounter an “Access Denied, You don’t have permission to access on this server” error message along with the ULR which you aren’t able to access with a reference number, then it is most likely caused by some network-related issue in your browser. Note that this error mostly occurs on Firefox browsers.
The “Access Denied” error appears when your Mozilla Firefox browser uses a different proxy setting or VPN instead of what’s really set on your Windows 10 PC. Thus, when a website detected that there is something wrong with your browser cookies or your network, it blocks you which is why you can’t open it. To resolve this error, here are some suggestions you can try. And if you got the same error message on a different browser, you can still follow the possible solutions given below.
Option 1 – Try clearing everything about the website
- Open your browser and tap the Ctrl + H keys on your keyboard.
- After that, look for the listing of the website from your browser history and right-click on it.
- Then select the “Forget about this site” option. This will get rid of all the data such as browsing history, cache, cookies, and passwords. Thus, if you have a password saved or other important data of the website, you have to save it first before you tap the Ctrl + H keys.
Option 2 – Try disabling the VPN
As pointed out earlier, if you are using VPN, this could be the reason why you’re getting the “Access Denied” error so the most obvious thing to do is for you to turn off the VPN and try to run the Windows Update once more. And if you use a VPN software that works using their software, you can just completely exit or log-off from its account. On the other hand, if you are using a built-in Windows 10 VPN, you can simply turn it off or delete all the settings you have created there.
Option 3 – Uninstall the VPN service you are using or use a different provider
If you disabling the VPN service worked in fixing the “Access Denied” error, you might want to uninstall it. As mentioned, website administrator blocks IP ranges if they notice any malicious activities and because of this, your IP address might fall into the banned range even if you didn’t do anything at all. To uninstall the VPN service, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- From there, look for the VPN service you are using, select it and then click on Uninstall to remove it.
- After that, restart your computer and try to install the latest version of the program again. It should work now. If not, proceed to the next available option below.
Option 4 – Try disabling the proxy server for your LAN
If your PC was just attacked by some adware or malware as of late, it is possible that it has changed the network settings in the system and might display spam advertisements. Thus, you have to disable the proxy server for your LAN. To do that, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “inetcpl.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to pull up the Internet Properties.
- After that, go to the Connections tab and select the LAN settings.
- From there. Uncheck the “Use a Proxy Server” option for your LAN and then make sure that the “Automatically detect settings” option is checked.
- Now click the OK and the Apply buttons.
- Restart your PC.
Note: If you are using a third-party proxy service, you have to disable it.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Access Denied, You don’t have permission to access this Server error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Access Denied, You don’t have permission to access this Server error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.