Fixing WslRegisterDistribution, 0x8007019e,0x8000000d in Windows 10
The Windows Subsystem for Linus, also known as WSL, is a useful and excellent tool for developers. However, it isn’t without flaws as users can still encounter some errors when using it. One of these errors is the error code WslRegisterDistribution, 0x8007019e,0x8000000d. Although it seems like the error is have something to do with the installation of WSL, it could be a false positive since some users who’ve installed WSL still encountered the same problem. Here’s the context of the error:
“Installing, this may take a few minutes…
WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x8007019e/0x8000000d
Error: 0x8007019e/0x8000000d The parameter is incorrect.
Press any key to continue.”
Error code 0x8007019e or 0x8000000d could be due to the absence of supporting Windows 10 features since the error does not even let one use the WSL-based command line. If you are one of the users facing this problem, then you’ve come to the right place as this post will provide you with a couple of suggestions to fix it.
There are two options you can check out to fix the problem, but before you do that, you need to make sure that the Windows Subsystem for Linux feature is enabled. The two options include enabling WSL using the “Turn Windows features on or off” option and using the Windows PowerShell.
Option 1 – Try to enable the WSL using the “Turn Windows features on or off” option
- To get started, search for “Turn Windows Features on or off” in the Start Search and click on the appropriate result to open a dialog box.
- After that, you will see a populated list in the dialog box and from there, look for the “Windows Subsystem for Linux” option.
- Once you find it, select OK. This will search and install the system files needed and ask you to restart your computer.
- Restart your computer. The Linux distro should now work without any trouble.
Option 2 – Try to use Windows PowerShell
The next thing you can do to fix the error code 0x8007019e or 0x8000000d is to use Windows PowerShell.
- Tap the Win + X keys and click on the “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” option to open Windows PowerShell as admin.
- After that, execute this command to enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux feature: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
- The command you entered will start to search for the required system files and install them.
- If prompted, type “Y” to restart your computer. This should fix the problem.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the WslRegisterDistribution, 0x8007019e,0x8000000d error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the WslRegisterDistribution, 0x8007019e,0x8000000d error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.