Fixing Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070015, The device is not ready in Windows 10
As of late, many users reported getting an error in Windows Sandbox that has an error code of 0x80070015. According to users, they encountered this error when they tried to start Windows Sandbox. Based on the error code, it seems that there are some problems with the supporting services of Windows Sandbox that trigger the error. It is possible that these services are misconfigured or that they are outdated and have to be updated. Here’s the complete message of the error:
“Windows Sandbox failed to start. Error 0x80070015. The device is not ready. Would you like to submit feedback about this issue?”
If you are one of the users who encountered this kind of error in Windows Sandbox, then you’ve come to the right place as this post will help you sort this problem out. All you have to do is follow each one of the options provided below.
Option 1 – Make sure that all the supporting processes and services of Windows Sandbox are running properly
If running Windows Sandbox as an administrator didn’t fix the error, you have to ensure that all related processes for Windows Sandbox are running properly. To do that, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run utility and type “services.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open the Windows Services Manager.
- Next, from the list of services, look for the following services in the given order:
- Network Virtualization Service: (Startup type: Manual)
- Virtual Disk: (Startup type: Manual)
- Hyper – V Virtual Machine: (Startup type: Manual)
- Hyper – V Host Compute Service: (Startup type: Manual)
- Container Manager Services: (Startup type: Automatic)
- After you find the aforementioned services, restart each one of them.
- Once done, try to open the Windows Sandbox again and see if the error is fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try to install any pending Windows Updates
If the second option still didn’t work, then you might want to check Windows Updates on your computer and see if there are any pending Windows Updates you have to install. All you have to do is go to the Windows 10 Settings app and then go to the Windows Updates section and click on the “Check for updates” button to check if there are any pending updates that are needed to be installed. This could fix the Windows Sandbox Error 0x80070015.
Option 3 – Try to run Windows Sandbox as an admin
- In the Start Menu, scroll down until you see the entry for the Windows Sandbox.
- Then right-click on it and select More and then select the “Run as administrator” option to open it with admin privileges.
- Next, if a User Account Control or UAC prompt pops up, just click on Yes to proceed.
- You should now be able to open the Windows Sandbox without the error. However, if the error persists, proceed to the next given option below.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x80070015 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x80070015 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.