Fixing Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device, Code 56 in Windows 10
If your internet suddenly stops working on your Windows 10 computer and you get an error message saying, “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (Code 56)”, then read on as this post will show you what you can do to resolve it. This kind of issue has something to do with the Network Adapter and you can see this error message in the Properties menu of the corresponding Network Adapter under the Device Manager.
This kind of issue could be caused by many things. For one, it could be caused by your VPN connection if you are using one or it could also be due to an outdated driver. Whatever the cause may be, here are some suggestions you have to check out to fix the error.
Option 1 – Check your VPN
When you install a virtual machine or VPN software on your computer, a new setup will be added in the Network Connection settings and helps your computer in using that adapter setting each time the VPN is turned on. Assuming that you are using an Ethernet connection but your system is trying to use another adapter or settings, that’s when issues occur and one of them is the “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device” error. To fix it, you can try to disable your VPN temporarily and see if the error is resolved or not and if turns out that your VPN is the culprit, you have to uninstall it and install a new one or its latest version. To uninstall it, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- From there, look for the VPN service you are using, select it and then click on Uninstall to remove it.
- After that, restart your computer and try to install the latest version of the program again. It should work now. If not, proceed to the next available option below.
Option 2 – Try to update or rollback or uninstall the Network Adapter drivers
You might also want to update, roll back or disable your Network drivers to fix the “This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation” error.
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run window and then type in the “devmgmt.msc” command and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Under the Device Manager, you will see a list of drivers. From there, look for the Network Adapters and expand it.
- Then right-click on each one of the Network drivers and depending on your preference, you can either select “Update driver”, “Disable device” or “Uninstall device”.
- After that, restart your PC and see if it helped in fixing the netio.sys Blue Screen error.
Option 3 – Try to run the Network Adapter troubleshooter
To run the Network Troubleshooter, refer to these steps:
- Open the Search bar on your computer and type in “troubleshoot” to open the Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, scroll down and select the “Network Adapter” option from the right pane.
- Then click on the Run Troubleshooter” button.
- After that, your computer will check for any possible errors and will pinpoint the root cause of the problem if possible.
- Restart your computer.
Option 4 – Try to reset the Network
You might perform a Network Reset to resolve the problem if none of the three given options above worked. This will reset the entire network configuration including your IP address. To perform Network Reset, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open Settings.
- From there, go to the Network and Internet section.
- Next, scroll down and look for “Network Reset” under the status pane.
- After that, click on Network Reset and then on Reset now to start resetting the network configuration. Once done, check if it is able to fix the error or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Code 56 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Code 56 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.