Fixing TV screen resolution on PC
When you connect your TV via HDMI cable Windows will recognize it as another monitor and will control the display settings for your HDMI connection. In most cases using it as the extended desktop will work fine, issues will arise when you play video on it. Video playing applications can override Windows settings which can lead to strange results on the screen. Here in this guide, we will tackle with reasons and solutions to this particular issue. Solutions provided are not meant to be followed in the way they are presented but as a silent rule, they go from most common one to most rare so it is advisable to try them in the order presented.
FIXING RESOLUTION ISSUES
The first thing when experiencing resolution issues on your TV connected to a PC is to check TV settings. There is very likely a chance that you will need to manually adjust picture settings on the TV itself using TV controls.
On older models of TV, there is an overscan option which can lead to different resolutions and screen sizes. Overscan is a technology that was used in order to help content creators to deliver consistent pictures on different screen sizes and aspect ratios but how technology has advanced and everything including aspect ratio was standardized overscan itself has become a relic of the past. If you are unable to access or see edges of your desktop on the TV screen it is very likely that overscan is the issue. In order to fix this be sure to select HDTV’s aspect ratio to fit the screen setting in the picture setting.
Sadly finding this option on your TV will be different from manufacturer to manufacturer and even from model to model of the same manufacturer so we can not cover all models but in most cases option is located under picture settings or advanced options. Sometimes you will face even different overscan settings instead of classic ft to screen options, in this case, experiment with the setting until you find one which will work. If you have it, find settings in the user manual of your TV.
Luckily you have managed to find the proper option on your TV set and have chosen the right aspect ratio for display. If everything works ok there is no need for the next step but if you experience a different resolution than desired on your TV follow this next guide on how to change the resolution of the TV on your PC.
- Press the ⊞ Windows and type Change Display Settings. Click on the top result.
- Once the Display Settings App opens, you’ll see two screens (or more if you’ve got multiple HDMI outputs connected). Make sure you select the right display for the HDMI TV before making any changes. You can do this by clicking on Identify.
- You’ll see the number from the screenshot above displayed on the monitors for a brief period. Depending on which screen is set to your primary display, make sure you change the settings for the HDMI monitor.
- Select the HDMI monitor from the available displays.
- Scroll down until you see the current resolution settings for your HDMI monitor.
- You can change the resolution settings and test different values that match your HDMI TV’s configuration.
- Once you change the setting, Windows will apply the new resolution for a limited time and revert if you don’t accept the new setting.
- Once you’ve found the best resolution for your TV, select Keep Changes to keep the new resolution.
You are all set now, make sure that you have the latest drivers on your system and enjoy using your TV as a second monitor.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the TV screen resolution on a PC in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the TV screen resolution on a PC in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.