Fixing “This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation” Error in Windows 10
If you have set a static IP address manually in your Windows 10 computer and you encounter an error saying, “This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation”, then you won’t be able to connect to any network.
Many users have reported that they were unable to connect to any network after they set their IP addresses manually and all they see is a red cross symbol on the network icon located at the left-hand side of the taskbar. And upon trying to release the IP configuration and renew the address using Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell, they are getting the error instead. Users also noted that their internet connection is fine since they were able to connect to their Wi-Fi connection on their mobile devices. However, they find it hard to connect to the internet using their PCs. To fix this issue, here are some possible fixes you can check out. Make sure to follow each one of the instructions carefully.
Option 1 – Try to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter
As you were not able to connect to your internet connection using your PC, you can try to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter as it might resolve the problem. Refer to the following steps to run this troubleshooter:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open Settings.
- After opening Settings, go to Update and Security.
- Next, navigate to the Troubleshoot pane and select the Internet Connections section and click the Run Troubleshooter button to get started.
- Wait until the troubleshooter is finished doing its job and then try connecting to your network again.
Option 2 – Try to perform Network Reset
As pointed out, the “This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation” error occurs due to the static IP you’ve set. Thus, to fix it, you can try to perform a Network Reset. This will reset the entire network configuration including your IP address. To perform Network Reset, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open Settings.
- From there, go to the Network and Internet section.
- Next, scroll down and look for “Network Reset” under the status pane.
- After that, click on Network Reset and then on Reset now to start resetting the network configuration. Once done, check if it is able to fix the error or not.
Option 3 – Try to update or rollback or uninstall the Network drivers
You might also want to update, roll back, or disable your Network drivers to fix the “This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation” error.
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run window and then type in the “MSC” command and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Under the Device Manager, you will see a list of drivers. From there, look for the Network Adapters and expand it.
- Then right-click on each one of the Network drivers and depending on your preference, you can either select “Update driver”, “Disable device” or “Uninstall device”.
- After that, restart your PC and see if it helped in fixing the netio.sys Blue Screen error.
Option 4 – Try to reset Winsock, TCP/IP & Flush DNS
You might also want to try resetting Winsock, TCP/IP, and flushing DNS might help you resolve errors. To do so, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator) so you can pull up an elevated Command Prompt.
- After that, execute each one of the commands listed below. And after you typed in one after the other, you have to hit Enter.
- netsh winsock reset – type in this command to reset Winsock
- netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt – type in this command to reset TCP/IP
- ipconfig /flushdns – type in this command to flush the DNS cache
- Next, restart your PC and check if the problem’s fixed.
Option 5 – Temporarily disable Firewall and third-party antivirus
Firewall and antivirus programs are known to block files the instant it detects a threat to the system. However, there are some cases when it can also block a file even when it’s a safe one. Thus, your antivirus or firewall programs might be the reason why you can’t download anything on your Windows 10 computer. To isolate the issue, you need to temporarily disable both the Firewall and antivirus programs and then check if you can now download anything from the internet. Do not forget to enable them again as disabling them can leave your computer vulnerable to cyber threats.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.