Fixing “The .NET Framework 4.7 is not supported on this operating system” Error in Windows 10
In case you don’t know, the .Net Framework is a programming infrastructure introduced by Microsoft. You will need it to run on lots of services and applications. Note that most of the applications that require the .Net Framework are packed with their installation files which is why it will be installed automatically on your computer when you install an application. However, there are instances when you’ll get an error message saying, “The .NET Framework 4.7 is not supported on this operating system” while trying to install the .NET Framework as a standalone service.
The very reason why this error message appears is stated in the error message itself. Although the .Net Framework is supported on Windows 10, it is not actually compatible with some other Windows 10 versions. So it is most likely that you are seeing this error message because the .Net Framework in your computer is not compatible with the Windows 10 version you are running. Since that’s the case, you need to update Windows 10 to fix the problem.
Updating your Windows 10 computer is the only solution you can try to fix this problem. Thus, it is advised that you check for Windows Updates even if you are now using the latest version of Windows 10. And since the issue is caused by an incompatible operating system version, once you install the exact version of Windows 10 required by the .Net Framework, the problem will be fixed. Simply follow the steps given below to do so.
- Step 1: Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Step 2: After that, type in “winver” in the field and tap Enter.
- Step 3: Next, your Windows 10 version should be given in the new window that appears. Take note that the number after the Version which is in the second line is your version number of Windows 10. And that the number must be 1507 or 1709. The first two digits in these numbers are the year while the second two represent the month when the update was released. So if you are running a 1709 version, this means that the Windows 10 version you are using was released in September 2017.
- Step 4: The next thing you have to do is to make sure that you have the Windows 10 version that’s compatible with the .Net Framework. To verify, you need to click here and click on the System Requirements.
After opening the link, take a look at the Supported Operating System section where it says, “Windows 10 Anniversary Update” and “Windows 10 Creators Update”. Since there are users who are not familiar with the version numbers related to both the Anniversary and Creators updates, refer to the list given below.
- November Update (1511)
- Anniversary Update (14393)
- Creators Update (1703)
- Fall Creators Update (1709)
- Spring Creators Update (1803)
As you can see, the Creators Update has version 1703 while the Anniversary Update has version number 14393 so if you are using a version lower than the 14393 version then it’s no wonder you aren’t able to install the .Net Framework 4.7 on your Windows 10 PC. Now all that’s left to do is to update your Windows 10 version and make sure that you will be updating it to the latest version available and then try installing the .Net Framework again.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the .NET Framework 4.7 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the .NET Framework 4.7 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.