Fixing the Java Install or Update did not complete – Error Code 1603 in Windows 10
You might have experienced a situation where you’re trying to install or update your Java application on your Windows 10 computer but were not able to do so for some reason. One of the problems you can encounter while updating or installing Java is Error Code 1603.
There are two ways you can install Java – you have the option to choose where to get Java either from the online download or offline download. There are times when before you can install Java, you might have to disable the firewall first as it may interrupt the Java online installation. And while doing so, if you are getting the “Java Update or Install did not complete – Error Code 1603” error message, read on as this post will show you what you can do to fix it.
At the time of writing, the exact cause of this error is still unknown. On the other hand, you must still check if you have fulfilled all the system requirements needed to install Java. You have to make sure that your Windows 10 PC has sufficient disk space available for the Java installation or update. In addition, you also have to make sure that you meet all the hardware requirements and you are using a popular web browser for the installation, and that you have administrative privileges for download and installation.
To fix the “Java Update or Install did not complete – Error Code 1603” error, here are some suggestions you can try.
Option 1 – Restart your computer before you install the new Java package
You might have to restart your computer if you got the error code 1603 while installing Java through an offline download.
- Restart your computer.
- Next, download and install the offline installer of the Java package from the official site of Java and not some third-party source.
- In the prompt box that appears while downloading the Java package, select the option Save in and save the package in your preferred folder.
- After that, navigate to the saved, downloaded package on your computer and then double click on the file to begin the installation process.
After that, if it didn’t fix the problem and you’re still getting the error code 1603, follow the next given option below.
Option 2 – Uninstall the old versions of Java before you install the new package
- Open the Control Panel.
- After that, click on Programs and features.
- Then select the old Java package and click on Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and then try installing the new Java package again from its official site.
Option 3 – Disable the Java content in the browser you’re using via Java Control Panel and reinstall Java
- Open the Control Panel again.
- And then click on the Java icon to open the Java Control Panel.
- Next, navigate to the Security tab and then uncheck the “Enable Java content in the browser” option.
- Then click on Apply and then Ok to save the changes made.
- Now install the new Java package again after you download it from its official website.
- Once the installation is completed, re-enable the “Enable Java content in the browser” option in the Java Control Panel as it is essential especially if you are running Java content in your browser.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Error Code 1603 in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Error Code 1603 in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Download and install Restoro from the official site.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Start Repair” button.