Fixing the “Failed to register a VB Script dll” Error in Windows 10
If you open any program in your Windows 10 PC such as Outlook and suddenly get an error message saying, “Failed to register a VB Script dll. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self-register”, read on, as this post will guide you on what you can do to fix it. The obvious solution to this problem is by re-registering the “vbscript.dll” file on your computer.
Refer to the instructions given below to re-register the VB Script DLL file and to fix the error.
- Step 1: Open the Command Prompt as an administrator from the WinX Menu.
- Step 2: After opening Command Prompt, type in the following command and tap Enter on your keyboard.
- Step 3: Once you enter the command, it will re-register the VB Script DLL file using the Windows OS tool called Regsvr32 or regsvr32.exe. This tool is a command-line utility used to register and unregister OLE controls such as DLL and ActiveX (OCX) controls in the Windows environment. After the execution of the command, you should see the following pop-up on your screen which means the re-registering of the concerned DLL file has succeeded.
On the other hand, if re-registering the DLL file didn’t work, then you can try logging in using an administrator account and then register the DLL file again or you could also use the System File Checker to figure out what the problem really is and automatically fix it.
System File Checker or SFC is a built-in command utility that helps in restoring corrupted files as well as missing files. It replaces bad and corrupted system files with good system files. To run the SFC command, follow the steps given below.
- Tap Win + R to launch Run.
- Type in cmd in the field and tap Enter.
- After opening Command Prompt, type in sfc /scannow
The command will start a system scan which will take a few whiles before it finishes. Once it’s done, you could get the following results:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Failed to register a VB Script dll error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Failed to register a VB Script dll error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.