Fixing “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect” Error in Windows 10
A lot of users lately reported getting an error that says, “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect”. This kind of error can pop up when you try to open a number of programs, regardless of their origin, the developer, and compatibility.
Here’s the full context of the error message:
“<PATH OF THE EXECUTABLE FILE>, This application has failed to start because its side-by0side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail”.
This kind of problem has something to do with the C++ runtime package in the background. It could also be related to an error for a registry value. Whatever the cause is, you can fix this error with the help of some suggestions provided in this post. You can try to reinstall the application or check the registry setting or reinstall the suitable Visual C++ Runtimes or re-enable the Microsoft .NET Framework. For more details, refer to the instructions given below.
Option 1 – Try to reinstall the application
There are times when some supporting module for your application under the hood could have messed up the application. And so to fix that, you need to uninstall the concerned application and then try reinstalling it again. Once you’re done, check if it fixed the problem or not.
Option 2 – Try to change the Registry setting
- Tap the Win + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “Regedit” in the fields and tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry key: Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion SideBySide Winners x86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_02d0010672fd8219 9.0
- From there, look for a String value named “default” and double click on it.
- After that, change its Value data to match the one as the third value in BINARY.
- Now restart your computer to successfully apply the changes made.
Option 3 – Try reinstalling the appropriate Visual C++ Runtime
- You need to open the Event Viewer first by searching for it in the Windows Search box.
- After opening Event Viewer, look for the error events that are sourced by SideBySide.
- Next, look for the actual Visual C++ Runtime module that’s causing the error.
- Now download the module from the official website of Microsoft Support and then install it and see if it fixed the problem.
Option 4 – Re-enable the Microsoft .NET Framework
You could also try to disable the Microsoft .NET Framework then enable the latest version of the .NET Framework on your PC and check if the error is fixed.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.