Fixing netio.sys Blue Screen errors in Windows 10
One of the most important components of a computer in the network. The network, with the help of network devices, makes it possible for all kinds of devices to exchange information. One of the files associated with the network driver is the netio.sys file. It is a system file used by third-party programs to interact with the devices on the network.
If you encounter a Blue Screen of Death error that’s related to the netio.sys file then you’ve come to the right place as this post will guide you in fixing it. Here are some of the Blue Screen errors related to the netio.sys file:
- KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
- PAGE FAULT IN A NONPAGED AREA
- IRQL NOT LESS EQUAL
- DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
- SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
To fix the netio.sys Blue Screen errors on your Windows 10 computer, you can check out each one of the following suggestions.
Option 1 – Try to use the System File Checker
One of the built-in tools in Windows that you can use to fix Blue Screen errors is the System File Checker. This built-in command utility can help you restore corrupted or missing files as well as replace bad and corrupted system files. Chances are, the netio.sys file might be corrupted so to fix it, use System File Checker.
- First, right-click on the Start button and click on the “Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Next, type in the sfc /scannow command and hit Enter to execute it.
The command will start a system scan which will take a few whiles before it finishes. Once it’s done, you could get the following results:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Option 2 – Try checking the Memory for any errors
The first thing you can do to check the memory for errors is to run the CHKDSK utility. The CHKDSK utility repairs hard drive errors that might be causing the problem.
- You need to open “This PC” first.
- And then right-click on your operating system partition for Windows.
- Next, click on Properties and navigate to the Tools tab.
- After that, click on the Check button under the Error Checking section.
- A new mini window will appear and from there, click on Scan drive.
- Now let it scan your disk drive partition to check for errors and then restart your computer.
After running the CHKDSK utility, it’s now time to fix issues with your RAM by running the Memory Diagnostic tool. This tool in windows can help resolve the Blue Screen errors related to the netio.sys file by checking and automatically fixing any memory-based issues. To run it, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open Run and type mdsched.exe and hit Enter to open the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, it will give two options such as:
- Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)
- Check for problems the next time I start my computer
- Once your computer has restarted, perform a basic scan or you could also go for the “Advanced” options such as “Test mix” or “Pass count”. Simply tap the F10 key to start the test.
Note: After you select your preferred option, your computer will restart and check for memory-based issues. If it finds any issues, it will automatically fix them and if there’s no issue found, then it’s most likely not a memory-based issue so you should try the other options given below.
Option 3 – Try to update or rollback or disable Network drivers
You might also want to update, roll back or disable your Network drivers to resolve the netio.sys Blue Screen errors.
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run window and then type in the “mdsched.msc” command and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Under the Device Manager, you will see a list of drivers. From there, look for the Network Adapters and expand it.
- Then right-click on each one of the Network drivers and depending on your preference, you can either select “Update driver”, “Disable device” or “Uninstall device”.
- After that, restart your PC and see if it helped in fixing the netio.sys Blue Screen error.
Option 4 – Perform System Restore
Performing System Restore can also help fix BSOD errors, including the ones related to the netio.sys file. To run System Restore, follow the steps below.
- First, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type in “sysdm.cpl” in the field and tap Enter.
- Next, go to the System Protection tab then click the System Restore button. This will open a new window where you have to select your preferred System Restore point.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process and then restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Option 5 – Run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
Troubleshooting Blue Screen of Death errors wouldn’t be complete without the Blue Screen troubleshooter. As you know, it is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that helps users in fixing BSOD errors like Storport.sys. It can be found on the Settings Troubleshooters page. To use it, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open the Settings panel.
- Then go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- From there, look for the option called “Blue Screen” on your right-hand side and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button to run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and then follow the next on-screen options. Note that you might have to boot your PC into Safe Mode.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the netio.sys error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the netio.sys error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.