Fixing error 0xc000000e on Windows 10
If you encounter a Recovery Error code 0xc000000e, “Your PC needs to be repaired” error on your Windows 10 computer, then it means that there is some hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration. Apart from the error, it may be accompanied by different error message such as:
- A required device is inaccessible
- The selected entry could not be loaded
- A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed
- The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt
- The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
As mentioned, the error code 0xc000000e or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE error indicates that there is a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration and to fix it, you have to check your cables as well as check the drive with the diagnostic utility available from the manufacturer of the drive. And if you are using older PATA (IDE) drives, then this kind of error also indicates an incorrect master/subordinate drive configuration.
There could be different causes for this error. It could be that the winload.exe file is not accessible or is corrupted or that the boot location for the operating system cannot be found. Thus, for you to boot into and access the operating system, you can try the suggestions given below.
Option 1 – Try rebuilding the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) file
- Once you get to the Welcome Screen part, click on Next.
- Afterward, click on the Repair your computer option located on the bottom-left part of the window.
- Then click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, select the Advanced Options and then Command Prompt.
- Once Command Prompt has been pulled up, the following command to rebuild BCD files.
- Once the command line is successful in finding out a Windows installation, hit Y to let it boot from the list which will successfully rebuild BCD.
- Now type “exit” to close Command Prompt and then restart your computer to successfully apply the changes made.
Option 2 – Try to run the Automatic Repair Utility
You might also want to use Automatic Repair in fixing the error code 0xC000000E. To do so, follow the steps below.
- You can start by creating and booting from a bootable Windows 10 USB Stick.
- After that, click on Repair your computer located in the bottom left corner when you are on the initial Windows Startup screen.
- Next, click on Troubleshoot, and then on the other screen, click the Startup Repair option.
- Now select the operating system you want to repair. Once you do that, it will start to repair your operating system. Wait until the process is completed and then check if the problem’s now fixed.
Option 3 – Try checking the physical device connections
You might also want to try checking if there are other devices that are connected to your PC. This is because of the configuration of the BIOS or UEFI might be configured in a way that any external device connected to the computer has a higher boot priority compared to the hard disk. And if it’s really the case, the externally attached disk might be the drive your computer is trying to boot into and not the hard disk. In such cases, Pen Drives, USB storage devices, CDs, DVDs, and so on, are included in this category of physical device connections.
Option 4 – Try updating the BIOS
As you know, the BIOS is a sensitive part of a computer. Even though it is a software component, the functioning of the hardware depends on it largely. Thus, you must be careful when modifying something in the BIOS. So if you don’t know much about it, it’s best if you skip on this option and try the other ones instead. However, if you are well-versed in navigating the BIOS, then follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “msinfo32” in the field and press Enter to open System Information.
- From there, you should find a search field on the bottom where you have to search for the BIOS version and then press Enter.
- After that, you should see the developer and version of the BIOS installed on your PC.
- Go to your manufacturer’s website and then download the latest version of BIOS on your computer.
- If you are using a laptop, make sure that you keep it plugged in until you have updated the BIOS.
- Now double click on the downloaded file and install the new BIOS version on your computer.
- Now restart your computer to apply the changes made.
Option 5 – Try resetting the BIOS/UEFI configuration
You might also want to reset the BIOS configuration which will lead to arranging the boot configuration since it is intended by the manufacturer. Note that this will get rid of any blockage in the boot process.
Option 6 – Try marking your Disk as Online
Marking your Disk as Online can also help in resolving the error code 0xC000000E. To do so, follow the steps below.
- You need to first create a bootable Windows 10 Media and then boot from it.
- After that, click on Repair your computer on the first window of the Windows 10 installation setup.
- Now, choose the operating system partition from the options and click on Next.
- Then select Command Prompt from the System Recovery Options box.
- Next, type in “diskpart” and hit Enter to initiate the Diskpart utility inside the Command Prompt.
- Now type in either “list disk” or “list volume” and hit Enter. Either of these commands will help you in listing all the Disk connects or all the partitions on those disks formed. So you have to select one command depending on the list command you entered.
- Afterward, type in “select disk #” or “select volume #” and hit Enter to select the Disk or Partition you want to select.
- Now type in “online disk #” or “online volume #” and press Enter to mark the disk you selected as Online.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0xc000000e error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0xc000000e error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.