Error 0x80004001 Quick Fix Guide
What Is 0x80004001 Error Code?
0x80004001 is an error code that Windows users encounter quite commonly.
This error usually occurs when users try to update an old Windows application or attempt to run a certain application. When this error appears on the screen, the system automatically restarts to stop further processing. The error results in a blue screen after the system boots.
This blue screen is known as the Blue Screen of Death.
There are different files in the Windows operating system responsible for its smooth functioning. Sometimes problems like viruses or incorrect register entries corrupt or damage these files. This is when this 0x80004001 error appears.
Simply put, some of the most common causes that trigger 0x80004001 error are listed below as follows.
- Corrupt or damaged EXE, VXD, DLL files of Windows
- Incorrect entry of registry files
- Presence of viruses or malware in the system
- Corrupt or damaged system files
- Unfinished application installation
Irrespective of what causes this error, it is of utmost importance to troubleshoot it as soon as possible.
Further Information and Manual Repair
While there are several ways of troubleshooting this error, the two most useful approaches have been listed below as follows.
- This solution is for advanced users. Start your system and log on to it as the administrator. Click on the Start button. Now select All Programs->Accessories->System Tools. Finally, click on System Restore. In a new window, select the option “Restore My Computer to an Earlier Time”. Now click on Next. A list of restore points will be displayed. Choose the most recent restore point from this list and click “Next”. Now click next on the confirmation Window again. Once the restoration is finished, the computer will restart itself and you will observe that the error no longer appears.
- This solution is for beginner or novice users. Download a 0x80004001 error repair utility available online. Install this program on your computer and use it to scan for the error in your system. When the scan completes, find if any feature allows you to fix errors. If yes, click on it. Now restart your computer again. You will notice that the virus has disappeared. It is a good idea to use error repair utilities because they scan the system, diagnose the error and then perform the repair.
Use any of the methods listed above to get rid of the 0x80004001 error once and for all.
Congratulations, you have just fixed Error 0x80004001 in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix Error 0x80004001 in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Download and install Restoro from the official site.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Start Repair” button.