How to fix Windows 10 Store Error 0x801901F7
Error Code 0x801901F7 – What is it?
Error code 0x801901F7, also known as “The Server Stumbled” error because it shows a message saying “The Server Stumbled. We all have bad days” is associated with Windows Store. Server Stumbled Error 0x801901F7 is an error related to the MS server. The error occurs due to damaged registry files, malware, virus, and corrupted data. You should fix this error to prevent a system crash or a BSOD error. There are some things you can do to fix it. These are not so complex. So, anyone can try these methods to fix error 0x801901F7.
Common Symptoms for error 0x801901F7:
- Problems with Windows startup
- System becomes very slow or the system freezes
- Blue screen of death appears
- Windows fails to start some process due to Stop error code 0x801901f7
- This error is generally caused by corrupt registry files.
- Virus infection can cause this problem.
- Outdated driver, missing .DLL files may also cause this error.
- Microsoft server overload may cause this problem as well.
- Incorrect configuration may cause this problem.
Further Information and Manual Repair
To fix error 0x801901f7, there are four methods listed below. Some might work for you and some might not. Please try all of them to fix this error.
Basic method to fix error code 0x801901F7: Resetting Windows Store Cache
Most of the time clearing or resetting the cache helps. It doesn’t always work, but you should try this first before moving on to some advanced methods which are mentioned below.
To reset the Windows Store cache please follow the simple steps below
- Open RUN by searching or pressing “Windows Key + R”
- Type “wsreset.exe” and press Enter or click on OK.
- Windows Store will open automatically along with a command prompt.
- This will reset Windows Store and you might see it loading as it should.
This method might work but if it fails to solve Error 0x801901F7 then follow the method below.
Advanced method of fixing error code 0x801901F7: Deleting Windows Store database file.
By using this method, you will be deleting the database file for Windows Store. This file is located on your C drive or the drive where you installed your Operating System. Follow the steps below.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDataStoreDataStore.edb.
- Delete DataStore.edb file from there.
- Now Open Windows Store and see if you still get error code 0x801901F7.
The Datastore.edb file that you deleted will be automatically created once you perform Step 3 which is launching Windows Store.
If you still cannot get this error away then Close Windows Store and Reboot your PC then Launch Windows Store Again.
Modifying Windows update properties:
Perform the steps below only if the above-mentioned methods fail. You will be tweaking a few things in the Windows update to see if it helps.
- Open Task Manager by right-clicking on Taskbar, then click on Task Manager.
- Go to Services Tab. Click on Open Services at the very bottom of the Window.
- Now a new window will pop up. Scroll down & find “Windows Update” from the list.
- Double click on Windows update to open up its Properties.
- Now from the Startup Type drop-down list, select Automatic. Click on Apply, Start, and then Ok.
Now you need to perform just one more step. Reset Windows Store again (Refer to method 1 for Steps). This should fix your Windows Store error that shows The Server Stumbled with 0x801901F7 Error Code.
If the error is due to a problem with a driver, then follow the method below to uninstall the current driver:
- Open the Run command and type “sysdm.cpl” in the text box.
- Click Enter.
- Open the Hardware tab on the system properties dialog box.
- Then press on Device Manager.
- Double press on Device type and then press on the hardware device that is reporting error code 0x801901F7.
- Go to the Driver tab and press on Uninstall button to uninstall the device driver completely.
- Now, install the new driver on your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Run virus scan of your PC
- Try using a different USB port.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.