How to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0x800705b4
Error Code 0x800705b4 – What is it?
Error Code 0x800705b4 is an error that will appear when the computer is not stable, and very critical system files will fail to respond or they will start going missing. This will happen when the computer is not being maintained properly. The problem should be solved immediately to avoid any further damage or loss of data. This error code may be regarded as one of the most severe computer problems that can present itself.
Common symptoms include:
- There will be a failure to install updates and a display of the error message.
- The Error Code 0x800705b4 will display itself.
- After a system update, the computer will not be able to install new drivers.
Windows 10 update error 0x800705b4 can be caused when the user wants to update their windows system when important dll registries or files are missing or are corrupt. This will also happen when the user is trying to install or uninstall programs in a way that is wrong, or it may be infected with a Trojan virus. Additionally, this error code will be displayed when a PC’s drivers are either outdated or installed the wrong way. There could be a registry error, a failure to update by the operating system, or even a device failure to update automatically.
Further Information and Manual Repair
There are several ways to resolve the appearance of error code 0x800705b4 on Windows devices. If you are not familiar with fixing error codes on a computer or are having trouble fixing this one, consider contacting a Windows technician to help with fixing the error. The computer must be run on administrator mode no matter which steps you are taking or which methods you are using. Depending on which version of Windows you are using, the steps for each method may differ slightly, but the basic process will remain the same.
Method One: Fixing it with updates
Start the computer in safe mode to begin troubleshooting for error code 0x800705b4. When the computer is starting up, press F8—this will enter the computer into safe mode.
You will now need to manually update your computer’s outdated drivers. To do this, click on Start. Then, type in Device Manager into the search box to see if there are any outdated or corrupt issues with the drivers.
Method Two: Run an SFC scan
This will allow users to find files in Windows that are corrupt, damaged, or lost.
- Start the Command Prompt. To do this, click Start and then type in cmd inside of the search box to see the icon. Right-click and choose to Run as administrator. If asked, enter the password for the administrator.
- When viewing the command prompt, type in “sfc/scannnow” and then press enter. This will be scanning all of the protected system files and will fix the corrupt files. Do not close the command prompt before it is done.
Method Three: System Restore
This is the most efficient way to fix any problem or system status. System backup is vital when performing this.
Click on the Start button, and then type in “system restore” inside of the search box. Right click on System Restore, and then choose Run as Administrator. This could also be found in the Control Panel. Now you will choose the time point in which to restore the system. You will be able to choose the recommended or specific restore based on the situation. Now you can review the restore point and then click Finish.
Method Four: For Windows 10
- You may need to update the Windows Defender in the security center. To locate this, click Start, Settings, Update and Security, Windows Defender.
- Go to the Windows Updates and click on Advanced Options. Click on the option that will get updates for more Microsoft products.
- Restart the computer, and then check for updates again. This update process will be able to be done without a problem. When a message comes up that says “Your device is up to date” you will need to click Advanced Options once again and check for update options.
- Check for updates one more time and now the proper updates should be able to be downloaded and installed properly.
Method Five: Use An Automated Tool
If you wish to always have at your disposal a utility tool to fix these Windows 10 and other related issues when they do arise, download and install a powerful automated tool.