Fix Origin code 10.0 Error in Windows 10
Gaming on the computer has become one of the most used past-time activities among people of all ages. And since we are still in pandemic it has only risen as activity. People can acquire a lot of games at various discounts on various platforms and enjoy them at the leisure of their home.
Among many game platforms and stores, Electronic art’s Origin is one of the bigger ones, and having some titles that could not be found anywhere else coupled with the ability to have access to almost the whole game catalog with one monthly subscription make it one of the most used clients.
Sadly as with every piece of software Origin’s client is not perfect by any means and it can behave strangely from time to time.
Hello everyone and welcome to errortools.com, today we will fix Origin error code 10 which oddly enough can appear out of nowhere and can even appear on the very end of installation for the chosen game. If you have managed to come by this error you are in luck to be here because we have a couple of fixes for it.
I know that you might be excited to play the game so let’s go and do some fixing
Check Server status
Before diving into technicality and before we start deleting files and fixing things you should check the Server status. This seems maybe like something you should not do but if the server has experienced some kind of downtime or it is in maintenance Origin will throw this error in the client. Unexpected situations can cause various server issues all of a sudden and the first thing is to check are servers online and working. There are various ways to check server status from official origin website to Electronic arts twitter channel to Reddit and many more online server status websites. If it turns out that the server is to be blamed for this error then sit back and wait for EA to resolve the issue, there is not much you can do anyway.
- After some research, it has come to light that originthinsetupinternal.exe can cause this specific error. The best solution is to delete the file and then run Origin as administrator so the file is remade new.
- First, make sure that Origin is fully closed, check the taskbar and if it lurks there right-click on it and click on quit
- Run file explorer and go into the folder where Origin is installed, by default it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
- Locate OriginThinSetupInternal.exe and delete it
- Then locate origin.exe and right-click on it and then click on Run as administrator
Reinstall Origin client
If the previous solution has not solved the issue then Origin might have some corrupted files inside it. It is known that the Origin client can produce some bad files if the installation has been forcefully canceled. The best thing is to reinstall the completely whole client.
- Press ⊞ WINDOWS + R to open the run dialog
- Inside run dialog type in Control panel and press ENTER
- In the control panel locate programs and features group and double click on it
- Locate Origin, click to select it, and on top click on uninstall
- After uninstall process is completed start file explorer and go to the folder where Origin was installed, by default it is C:\Program Files (x86). Locate the Origin folder and delete it.
- Go to the official origin website and download the new client installation.
- After the download is finished double click on it and follow onscreen instructions.
If every solution so far has not been able to remove error then obviously something else is interfering with the origin client and installation functioning. Altho not advisable, turn OFF your security suite including both firewall and antivirus and try installing the game again. There is the possibility that the origin client or some game file has been marked as false positive by security software thus preventing it from executing properly.
Congratulations, you have just fixed Origin code 10.0 Error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix Origin code 10.0 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.