Troubleshoot Error Code 1309
What is Error Code 1309?
Error code 1309 is an error code that occurs when installing either Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Office Project 2003.
This error code may hamper your ability to run and use applications associated with Microsoft Office. To ensure installation is successful, it is first advisable to fix this error code. Error 1309 is displayed in any one of the two formats illustrated below.
When installing Microsoft Office Project 2003, the error message may pop up as:
Error 1309. Error reading from file: pathfilename.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
When installing Microsoft Office 2003, the error message may appear in the following format:
Fatal Error During Installation
Error code 1309 message may appear during Microsoft Office installation due to several reasons. These include:
- Problems in the Oclncore.opc file. Project 2003 uses this version of the file for program installation.
- Lack of adequate use permission
- The requested file was not found
- Setup registry entries are modified in an unacceptable manner
To avoid inconvenience and access Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Office Project 2003, it is recommended to fix the error immediately.
Further Information and Manual Repair
To resolve this error you don’t need to be a technical whiz. Here are some of the best, easiest, and proven do-it-yourself methods to resolve error 1309 on your computer screen instantly.
Method 1 – Change CacheLevel Settings
If the problem is related to Oclncore.opc file then try changing CacheLevel settings.
Follow these steps to work around this method.
- First, locate the PRJPRO*.XML file in the FILESSETUP folder of the Project 2003 installation source and then open this file in the Notepad.
- Also, make sure that you do not open the file as read-only and make sure that a checkmark is not displayed next to Word Wrap on the Format menu.
- The next step is to search the file for the following text string: OCLNCORE.OPC_1033.
- Now on the line where this string is located, change the CacheLevel=’1’ setting to the following CacheLevel=’3’ save the file back to the original location, and then quit Notepad.
After the changes are activated, try installing the software again on your system. If it installs successfully, then this means error 1309 is resolved. If the error still persists then try other given methods.
Method 2 – Configure security settings to get full permission
When the cause of error 1309 on your PC is related to lack of adequate permission issues, then configure security settings to resolve.
To do this, simply locate the folder on your installation drive.
Then right-click the folder and click Properties. On the Security tab, click edit and now make sure your user name is added to the list.
Grant required security permissions and then click OK to save changes.
After this, try installing Microsoft Office 2003 again on your system.
Method 3 – Copy the requested file from another source
If the error 1309 pops up because the requested file was not found, then try this method. Simply copy the file specified in the error to the destination directory.
For example, if the error shows data1.cab was not found, then copy this file from another source and paste it into the directory specified in the error description.
Method 4- Remove bad registry entries
Bad registry entries are responsible for registry setup modification. If this is the reason for error code 1309, then download Restoro.
This is a user-friendly PC Repair Tool embedded with a powerful registry cleaner. It scans and removes all bad and invalid entries accumulated in the registry. It cleans and repairs the registry resuming it back to its normal function.
Click here to download Restoro and repair error 1309 today.