How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070103
What is error code 0x80070103?
When visiting the Windows Update Website or the Microsoft Update Website to download the latest update for hardware drives, you could possibly receive Error Code 0x80070103 when clicking on the update driver. This error code occurs when Windows tries to download a piece of identical hardware for a second time. It could also occur when Windows tries to update a currently installed driver to an unsuitable version of that driver.
There aren’t many ways to handle this issue. Below are two methods of fixing Error Code 0x80070103.
- Visit the Microsoft Update Website
- After the “scan for updates” is complete, click the Welcome or Custom page.
- Next, click Hardware, in the navigation panel, and then on the tab for “optional hardware Updates”, the Update client will display the available updates.
- For the graphics card, scan the second update after which you’ll click to select the option that says “do not show this update again”.
- Hit the “Review and install updates” button.
- Confirm that the second update for the graphics card is not present, then move on the installing the updates.
- Click on the start button, go to All Programs, and then click on Windows Update.
- Hit the “Check for updates” tab.
- After the “scan for updates” is over, click the”Optional updates” link.
- In the “Select the updates you want to install” section, right-click the update that is not needed and hide them.
- Hit the OK button.
- To install any additional updates that are selected, click “Install Updates”. Close Windows Update if no other updates are selected,
- For touch screens, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or point to the upper-right corner of the screen if you’re using a mouse, moving the pointer down, before clicking Search). Enter “Windows Updates” in the search box, click Settings, and then click “Check for updates”.
- After the scan is complete, click the”Optional updates are available” link.
- Right-click or Tap and hold the update you want to hide, select”Hide update”, and then select OK.
- If any other updates are available, save all work in “other programs”, then restart the computer to the install updates; otherwise, opt out of the Windows Update window.
Open the search window and type “Windows Update” in the search box.
When trying to repair error code 0x80070103, if you find method one hard to follow, can contact Microsoft directly. Call up the help center number listed on their website, and a technician will be able to walk you through the process of ensuring the updater is not attempting to download multiple copies of hardware or trying to install unusable updates on your computer. Because the Windows Updater is set to a generic method of searching for updates, it may not be set to optimize the personal computer’s settings. This is why you must select all of the optional update options and why this process is so long. It may be made easier by having a computer repairs technician walk you through it.
However, if you want to automate the process of getting that problem solved, you can use a powerful tool to get the job done.