Fix Error 1061 The service cannot accept control messages at this time Error in Windows 10
If you are trying to run or starting a program on your Windows 10 computer and you suddenly get an error message saying, “Error 1061 The service cannot accept control messages at this time”, read on as this post will show you what you can do to fix the problem.
This kind of error pops up since the Application Information Service does not respond to the requests to raise applications to Administrator in Windows 10 like the Task Manager, Service updates, and so on. Thus, you won’t be able to run or open apps and will only get stuck with this error.
The “Error 1061 The service cannot accept control messages at this time” message is a type of network error that typically occurs when there is a temporary mismatch between the requested control and the state of the service to be controlled. It’s most likely that the service is in a state of start-pending, stop-pending, stopped or it may already be used by another user which explains why this error message suddenly appears.
You can encounter this error message on any Windows operation. Here are some of the most common occurrences:
- Debugging a Windows service
- Starting Task Manager
- Starting Registry Editor
- Starting Firewall
- Starting services.msc
- Starting dsm.exe
- Updating services
- Asking for file permissions, etc.
According to Microsoft MSDN, the error occurs because:
“There is a temporary mismatch between the requested control and the state of the service to be controlled. The service may be in a state of start-pending, stop-pending, or stopped. Wait a few minutes, then retry your operation.”
If after a few minutes, the error still appears, then you may have to follow the options prepared below.
Option 1 – Try to restart the Credential Manager Service
- Go to the Start menu.
- Then type in “services” in the search box.
- From the search results, right-click on “Services” and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Next, look for the Credential Manager Service in the Services window.
- Once you found it, double-click on it to open its Properties. From there, you need to click on the Stop button.
- After that, set the Credential Manager Service to “Automatic” and click on the Start button to restart it.
Option 2 – Try to start the Application Information Service
You can also try starting the Application Information Service to fix the “Error 1061 The service cannot accept control messages at this time”. Just open the Windows Services Manager and make sure that Application Information Service is Started. And if you find that it’s already started, you need to restart it.
Option 3 – Try killing the IIS Worker Process via Task Manager
- Tap the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and select the Task Manager.
- Next, click on More details to expand the Task Manager and then look for the IIS Worker Process entry which should be displayed in the list under the Processes tab. From there, you can see it in the Background processes. Once you find it, kill its process.
- You can also try to look for the “w3wp.exe” entries and end its process. if you find many entries, right-click on some of them and select the End task option from the context menu.
- Now restart your PC. That should fix the problem.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Error 1061 in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Error 1061 in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.