Error 0X0000007B (0xF78d2524) Repair
0X0000007B (0xF78d2524) – What is it?
If you are a laptop or a notebook user and you are trying to install Windows XP on it, you might come across 0x0000007B (0xF78524) error message. This error is a popular blue screen of death error and very similar to the error 0x0000007B.
The common causes of 0x0000007B (0xF78524) error code on your laptop might be:
- File Corruption
- Device Configuration Issues
- Adware/spyware invasion
- Incomplete Installations
- Problem with your computer’s hard drive controller
Further Information and Manual Repair
Many people panic when they experience 0x0000007B (0xF78524) error on their laptops and notebooks simply because it is a blue screen of death error. The BSoD has this whole persona of being deadly computer errors that can almost cripple systems.
If you have also experienced this error on your laptop, remain calm and follow the solutions given below to ensure you fix the error quickly without any hassle.
Here are various ways to fix and resolve the BSOD error code 0x0000007B (0xF78524):
- Whether you have Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 or Dell Latitude E4300 or any other laptop for that matter, if device driver configuration is the cause of the error 0x0000007B (0xF78524), then all you need to do is start up your laptop and press F2 to enter BIOS. Now expand the ‘Drives’ section. After doing so, go to ‘SATA Operation’. SATA is the abbreviation for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment which enables mass storage devices like hard drives and optical drives to communicate with the motherboard by using a high-speed serial cable. For successful communication between devices, you need to configure SATA controller mode. Once you go to the ‘SATA Operation’ mode, change this from RAID AHCI to RAID ATA. Save changes and exit BIOS. This helps resolve the error 0x0000007B (0xF78524) in no time.
- Another way to fix this error is to download and install the 0x0000007B (0xF78524) repair tool. Once this tool is installed on your laptop, click the scan button. Once the scan is complete, you will see a list of errors; click the ‘Repair’ button to fix the errors found and then restart.
- The 0x0000007B (0xF78524) error may also occur due to the boot volume corruption. In such an event, it is advisable to run chkdsk command on the hard drive. This is recovery console command is used to check the hard drive, repair and recover data on the drive successfully.