Error Code 0xc00000e9
If Error Code 0xc00000e9 appears on your screen, there is no cause to panic yet as there are different ways to fix this. Here, I will list down different methods to get your computer back on track:
- Check peripheral connections
- Check your SATA cables
- Check your hard drive
- Check your BIOS settings
Quick Fix 1. Check Peripheral Connections
- Turn off your computer.
- After the computer has been shut down, take off all the peripherals or the USB cables that are connected to your USB ports. This includes even the keyboard and the mouse. We just need to have only the monitor plugged in for this one.
- Turn on your computer and see if it starts as it normally does.
- If it does, try connecting back your external devices or peripherals one by one until you find the one that causes the error.
- Once you trace the device that’s causing the error, you will have to change its USB cable and update its driver to support your operating system.
Quick Fix 2. Check your SATA cables
It is possible that what causes a barrier between your operating system and your hard drive from communicating is the SATA cable used. For example, if you’re using an older SATA with a SATA III port, there might not be adequate support for the transfer of data from one another. Or, the problem might be a loose SATA cable which would still require you to buy a new one to replace your loose or damaged cable. To check if your SATA cables are causing the error, simply follow these steps:
- Turn off your computer.
- Carefully open its case.
- Check the hard drive and the SATA port where it’s connected.
- Try to use a newer cable and connect it to your SATA port. (If you used a SATA II cable, you can see if a SATA III cable is more compatible.)
- Replace your SATA cable with a newer one if Step 4 proves to be successful.
Quick Fix 3. Check your hard drive.
- Try to use a different hard drive and see if error code 0xc00000e9 still appears.
- If it works out just fine, then the problem might be physical damage to your hard drive and would need to be repaired depending on the case. Just simply take it to a technician and let him know about the issue.
Quick Fix 4. Check your BIOS settings
- Restart your computer.
- Once your computer starts, press and hold the ESC, F2, F12, or DEL key to go to BIOS settings.
- You will then be redirected to the BIOS Setup Utility screen. From here, go to Boot options.
- In the Boot Options, see if your first boot device is your hard drive. If it isn’t, press the arrow key to select the hard drive and move it to the top of the boot device list.
- Save the settings.
- Reboot your computer.
Note: If all the methods above do not work, the problem might be on your drivers and you might need to update them. You can update your driver in two ways: Manual driver update and Automatic driver update. You can find procedures online in updating your drivers.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0xc00000e9 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0xc00000e9 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.