Quick Fix to Error 106
What Is Error 106?
Error 106 is a common error experienced by Windows 7 users. Generating as a result of Misconfigured, damaged or corrupt system files on the computer, this is not a critical error.
However, troubleshooting this error is important to keep any undesired inconvenience at bay. Essentially, error 106 is one of the error codes employed by Windows and other compatible driver and software vendors.
The 106 in this error is essentially the memory address or location where the instructions reside when the error was generated.
Primarily, error 106 is caused by the damaged, Misconfigured or corrupt system files. The error may appear harmless at first.
However, if allowed to persist, it can lead to grave consequences. Allowing an error to thrive on your system is synonymous with putting the well-being of your system at risk.
As far as the events, conditions, or scenarios are concerned that lead to the generation of error 106, they are listed below as follows.
It is important to understand that these conditions lead to the corruption of system files in most cases.
- An improper or incomplete installation or uninstallations
- Improper or incomplete deletion of hardware or applications
- Improper, unintentional or sudden system shutdown
- Existence of adware, spyware, malware, or virus on your computer
It is worth mentioning that any of the conditions listed above can lead to the corruption of system files or registry entries in the system. Since the system needs correct and complete files for proper functioning which the system will be unable to find, it will result in unexplained behavior.
This also happens because the system will be lead to wrongly linked or missing information.
Further Information and Manual Repair
There are different ways to rectify this error but two of the most useful ones are briefly listed below as follows.
- This solution is for the advanced user. First and foremost, turn on your system. Log on to it as the Administrator. Now click on the start button and follow this sequence: All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.A new window will appear in front of you. On this window, choose the option, ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’. Now click Next.A list of restore points will appear in front of you. From this list, choose the most recent Restore Point and click Next. Click Next on the confirmation windows. Restart the computer when the restoration is complete.
- This solution for the novice user. Download an error 106 windows repair utility. Now install this program on your computer and use it to scan your computer. Try to locate the option for fixing errors as soon as the scan complete. Make use of this option. Once all the errors have been fixed, restart your computer once again. You will now realize that the error has vanished and your computer is now free of error 106.
Use any of the solutions listed above according to your skill level.