Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10
As you know, the Windows File Explorer is quite a responsive program and contains tons of features. It allows you to do various customizations by changing Settings or changing the value of a Registry key or Group Policy modification. Either way, you will be guided on how you can enable or disable the Status Bar in File Explorer on your Windows 10 computer.
The Status Bar is located at the bottom of the File Explorer and shows you how many items are inside the folder and how many items you’ve selected. In addition, it also shows you information about each item and can display items using large thumbnails with just a single click.
In order to enable or disable the Status Bar in File Explorer, you can use the two given options below as reference. You can either use the Folder Options or the Registry Editor.
Option 1 – Enable or Disable Status Bar via Folder Options
- Tap the Win + E keys on your keyboard to open File Explorer.
- Then tap the Alt + F keys and click on Options.
- From there, make sure that you are in the View tab and look for the “Show Status Bar” option in the list that gets populated.
- After that, check if the Show Status Bar option is enabled or disabled. It is supposed to be enabled by default so if it is enabled and you want to disable it, just simply uncheck its checkbox otherwise, leave it as it is.
- Now click on Apply and then OK to save the changes made
Option 2 – Enable or Disable Status Bar via Registry Editor
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “Regedit” in the field and hit Enter to pull up Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced
- Afterward right-click on Advanced and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value and then input “ShowStatusBar as the name of the newly created DWORD.
- Now double click on the new DWORD and change its value to “0” if you want to disable Status Bar and “1” if you want to enable it.
- Then exit the Registry Editor and restart your computer to apply the changes made.
Congratulations, you have just Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.