Disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10
The Windows 10 Telemetry and Data Collection features are auto-enabled and they collect all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. Microsoft says that the data collected only enhances the overall user experience and Windows functionality better but the number of data breaches happening across the globe has forced users to be extra cautious about their data privacy. So naturally, from stronger passwords and other services management, it is only logical to turn off Windows data gathering.
To do so:
- Press ⊞ WINDOWS + R to open the run dialog.
- In the Run dialog type: taskschd.msc
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER key combo to open Task Scheduler in admin mode.
- On the left pane, navigate to the: Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Customer Experience Improvement Program
- At the location, on the middle pane, right-click on the task named Consolidator and select Disable from the context menu…
- Repeat the process with all other tasks listed in the middle pane.
- Exit Task Scheduler.
Congratulations, you have just Disabled Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you Disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.