Disable or Enable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10
The Windows 10 operating system utilizes a variety of measures in order to track your app launches so that it can boost both your start and search results. It can personalize the start menu based on the apps that you use the most on the Start menu as well as the search results. This way, the App Launch Tracking is definitely useful especially when you want to access your favorite and frequently used apps quickly in the Start menu and search results on your Windows 10 computer.
On the other hand, Windows 10 provides users with the ability to control their privacy settings in order to protect the privacy of users. Windows 10 users can either opt to enable the app launch tracking to improve the start menu and search menu or opt to disable the app launch tracking in order to prevent the Windows operating system from tracking that you open if you really value your privacy that much. Whichever setting you prefer, you need to change the privacy control settings as well as make some tweaks in the Windows Registry in order to turn on or turn off the app launch tracking feature.
Option 1 – Turn off or turn on app launch tracking via Settings
- Go to Settings and click on Privacy.
- After that, toggle On the “Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results” option on the right side of the page under the General Settings to enable the app launch tracking feature.
- And of course, if you wish to disable the app launch tracking feature, simply toggle Off the “Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results” option on the very same page under General Settings.
- After that, close the Settings window.
Note: Keep in mind that when you disable the app launch tracking feature, the “Show most used app” setting will either be grayed out or labeled as “Disable” on your Windows 10 computer. Thus, if you want to keep viewing the most used apps, just re-enable the app launch tracking feature if you have disabled it.
Option 2 – Turn off or turn on app launch tracking via Windows Registry
Before you proceed, make sure to create a System Restore point
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “Regedit” in the field and hit Enter or click OK to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to the following path:
- After that, right-click on the Advanced folder and then click on New to create a new 32-bit DWORD value.
- Name the newly created DWORD as “Start TrackProgs” and set its value to “1” to enable the app launch tracking feature.
- If you want to disable the app launch feature, set “0” as the value instead of 1.
- Now click OK and restart your computer.
Take note that you still have to create a 32-bit DWORD value even if you are using a 64-bit Windows computer.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Disable or Enable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Disable or Enable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.