Connecting Cortana on Windows and Android
Microsoft’s anniversary update has come with many new features and improvements. One of these features is that Microsoft’s Cortana can now be installed on your Android phone and as long as you are logged in to your Microsoft account on different devices, she can pass information between devices. You can not see battery life on your desktop PC, notifications, etc.
There are some prerequisites in order to get this going, first is to have a Windows version 1607 or newer. The second is to have the last Android version
Installing Cortana on Android
- Download and install the Cortana app from the Google Play store.
- Open the app and accept the license terms.
- Enter the credentials for the Microsoft account you use to sign in to your PC.
- After a few seconds, Cortana will open.
- Click the settings button and select Sync Notifications.
- By default, missed calls, incoming messages, and low battery notifications will be turned on. You can turn this on\off from here. The only option off by default is for App notifications. Any non-system apps such as Facebook and Instagram can also send alerts to your Windows box. You can choose to enable the App notification sync option or leave it off.
- If you enable “App notification sync,” you will need to give Cortana permissions to read and control notifications on your phone.
- You can then select exactly which applications will be synched to your PC.
- Once done you can exit out of Cortana.
Configuring Cortana on PC
- Click the Windows button and type Cortana. Click the icon for Cortana and Search Settings.
- Scroll through the settings list and look for Send notifications between devices
- Click the switch to turn it on.
- Sign in to the same Microsoft account you used in the previous section
- Navigate back to the Cortana & Search settings tool.
- Click Edit Sync Settings. Make sure that your phone shows up on the list. You can also determine if you want PC notifications are sent to your phone.
With those settings in place, you should now start getting alerts for the items you enabled in your Action Center. As notices come in, you will see them pop up in a small bubble on the lower right of your screen. You can dismiss the notification or use the link to find a compatible app in the Windows store.
Congratulations, you have just connected Cortana between devices in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you connect Cortana between devices in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.