Changing the Left & Right mouse buttons in Windows 10
As you know, all computer mouse devices are designed ergonomically for users who are right-handed. Although that’s mostly the case, there are also other mouse devices that are designed specifically for left-handed users or the ones that can be used by either the right or left hand. But before you look for these kinds of mouse devices, there is actually an option you can try so that your mouse device can work with either the left or right hand. All you have to do is configure your mouse device. Aside from setting the device to work on either hand, you can also switch mouse buttons, from left to right, using only a couple of simple steps.
As mentioned earlier, most mouse devices are created for right-handed users. Meaning to say, these mouse devices are configured to be right-handed with their primary button on the left and the second one on the right. The primary button is used for certain functions such as selecting and dragging. Now you can configure your mouse to be left-handed by swapping its predefined functionality. How? Refer to each one of the given instructions below.
Option 1 – via Control Panel
- First, go to the Start Menu and search for “control panel” in the Start search.
- Once you see it from the search results, click on it to open it and then go to the Hardware and Sound section.
- From there, click on Mouse under the Device and Printers section. This will open the window for Mouse Properties.
- Now you have to check the Switch primary and secondary buttons box.
- Then click on OK to save the changes made. After that, your primary select button on your mouse device is your right button while the secondary button, also known as right-click, is now the left button.
Option 2 – via Windows 10 Settings
This is the second option you can check out to change the configuration of your mouse from being right-handed to being left-handed.
- First, right-click on the Windows icon and select Search.
- Next, type “mouse” and from the search results that appear, click on Mouse Settings.
- After that, select “Right” from the “Select your primary button” drop-down menu. This should set the mouse device from being right-handed to being left-handed.
Congratulations, you have just Changed the Left & Right mouse buttons in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you Change the Left & Right mouse buttons in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.