Fix Error Code 0x80131700
Error Code 0x80131700 – What is it?
0x80131700 is a Windows 7 error that occurs when there is a problem with the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard fails to function and with an error message displaying the following message on the computer screen:
‘An unexpected error has occurred’- The troubleshooting wizard can’t continue
Error code: 0x80131700′
Windows 7 features Troubleshooting Wizard, an automated tool that helps users resolve several PC-related problems such as accessing shared files or internet connectivity to name a few.
The error code 0x80131700 largely occurs because of two reasons:
- The .NET framework is not properly installed on your system
- Mis-configured System Files and Registry Issues
Further Information and Manual Repair
0x80131700 Windows error is rated easy to fix error code. Thus, repairing this error code is not difficult. It is so easy to fix that you don’t need any technical expertise or professional help for that matter.
To begin with, there are 2 methods to resolve the 0x80131700 error code. Let’s take a look at the solutions:
Cause: The .NET framework not properly installed on your system
Solution: If the underlying cause for the error code 0x80131700 is the improper installation of .NET framework on your PC, then the best and easy way to resolve this error is to reinstall it. By default, the built-in version of the .NET framework in Windows is 3.5.1 to reinstall this again on your system follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu and type: features in the search box
- Now Choose the option ‘Turn Windows Features on or off’ and then press Enter
- After this, look for Microsoft .NET framework 3.5.1 and uncheck the box
- Once you uncheck it, restart your computer
- Repeat the step 1 and 2
- Now check the box before .NET framework 3.5.1
- Restart your system
- Now try using the Troubleshooting Wizard.
Cause: Mis-configured System Files and Registry Issues
Solution: If the error code 0x80131700 triggered due to misconfigured files and registry issues, then the easiest way to fix this error on your system is to download Restoro
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Download and install Restoro from the official site.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Start Repair” button.