Mapi32.dll Outlook Error
What is Mapi32.dll Outlook Error?
Mapi32.dll is a Windows Messaging Application Programming Interface that enables Windows to perform various email functions and launch messaging programs like Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office. The inability of the interface to execute email functions properly results in the Mapi32.dll Outlook Error.
This error occurs mostly when you are attempting to upgrade the operating system to a new version.
The common causes of the Mapi32.dll Outlook Error during the OS upgrade are:
- Damaged or Corrupt Outlook user profile
- The software is overwritten by some other program
- Outlook PST file corruption
The Mapi32.dll Outlook Error message is displayed in either of the following forms:
- Mapi32.dll is missing
- Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Mapi32.dll is corrupt or the wrong version.
- Mapi32.dll was not found
- Mail is not installed
Further Information and Manual Repair
So, what if you experience this issue and how do you fix it? Well, first there is no need to panic as Microsoft has recognized this issue and provided adequate solutions to fix this problem in no time.
However, to ensure the Mapi32.dll Outlook error is a quick fix, you must first understand the cause of the issue and the message displayed on the screen.
- Let’s say the errors occur because your Outlook profile is corrupt. In this scenario, the best solution is to create a new Outlook profile. Regardless of whether you have Windows Vista or XP, to create your new Outlook profile, first, you will have to click on the Control Panel, then User Account, and then Mail. Once you click on the Mail tab, the mail set up dialog box will open. In this dialog box there will be a ‘Show Profiles’ tab, click and then click the Add tab that appears next. Now type the name for your new Outlook profile and then click ‘OK’. After that, add an email account to go with the profile.
- If Mapi32.dll is missing or corrupt, you will have to run ‘Fixmapi.exe’ to resolve the problem. It is located in the System32 folder inside the Windows directory in Windows Explorer.
- Therefore, first start Windows Explorer and then locate the following folder on your computer: C: /Program Files/Common Files/System/Msmapi1033
- Now find Fixmapi.exe and double click it
- After that locate the Mapi32.dll file and rename it to MSmapi32.old and press enter.
- Restart your computer when finished.
A word of advice for computer users is to scan for viruses with an antivirus program or a registry cleaner regularly to prevent the Mapi32.dll Outlook error from occurring in the first place. Viruses often latch onto .dll files and corrupt them.
It’s always best to have a forward-looking approach.