How to hide game activity and set privacy on Steam
Steam is a game store behemoth that offers more titles than any other game store online, take that along with the fact that steam was one of the first online dedicated stores for games and you can guess that many people have a steam account, buy and play games on it. It is a platform where you can meet new people in games and add them as friends on steam so you can spend some time together. But happens if you want to have friends on Steam but you would like to hide your game activity? Or even if you want to go fully private on Steam so no one can find you so you can play whatever you want without paying and judging eyes?
Luckily Valve appreciates your privacy and offers ways to do exactly this. Keep on reading on how to set up your privacy settings in Steam.
Hiding Steam game activity
- Launch Steam on your PC.
- Go to the top bar of Steam and click on your name.
- Select Profile from the context menu.
- Click on the Edit Profile button present at the right section of the window.
- Next, click on the My Privacy Settings button.
- Now, the Privacy Settings page will be opened.
- Scroll down and go to the My Profile section.
- Open the drop-down list given next to the Game Details and select the Private option.
- Now, check if this process is working or not. For this, right-click anywhere on the blank space in the Steam screen > choose the Copy Page URL option.
- Then, open a browser and paste the copied page URL in the address bar and check whether your Steam game activity is hidden or not.
Making profile private
- Launch Steam > click on your name > select Profile from the menu list.
- Click on the Edit Profile > My Privacy Settings button.
- Go to the My Profile and open the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Private option.
- Now, the changes will be saved automatically.
If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.